Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Parmesan and Thyme Roasted Chicken

 
 Chicken
Seems like it's one thing you just can't get away from. At our house, we eat a very little amount of meat and chicken is basically our meat of choice so I'm always trying to come up with new ways to prepare it. This version came to life out of  a desire to use the abundance of lemon thyme that I have taking over my porch window box. If you've never had lemon thyme, it's really a nice herb. Light, fresh and of course, lemony... if lemony is a word. Well it is today! Another great use for the herb is roasted potatoes. So, if you're like me and need ever-changing chicken recipes in hopes your family will continue to eat it while desperately try to provide your kiddos with the proper amount of protein in their limited diets, try this quick and delicious version.
 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
 
Ingredients:
chicken breasts- I buy thinly sliced, already trimmed and use 5 of them
extra virgin olive oil
salt- the most important one. Don't be afraid of salt!
pepper
garlic powder
any chicken seasoning spice blend- chicken seasoning grinder at Aldi that I love
leaves of 2-3 sprigs of lemon thyme
parmesan cheese
 
Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and then add your desired amounts of seasoning to each one. Place it seasoned side down onto your baking dish, I used a pizza stone, and then season that side. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Until golden brown.
 
 

Whole grain/flax seed wrap with cucumber, feta, parmesan and thyme roasted chicken.
 

 







2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly
    You said roasted potatoes. I'm assuming they are "sweet potatoes?" And that this is an (E) meal? The recipes looks delicious. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be an E meal,yes. I didn't make this with any potatoes' I was just making a suggestion for another yummy way to use the Thyme. It's really good on roasted potatoes in general.

    ReplyDelete